For those of you who follow this blog, you are all aware that Seth is currently in Ohio for more Air Force schooling leaving Ollie and me to fend for ourselves. :-) Because of this temporary separation from my loving husband, my sister Jessica offered to let me and Ollie come and stay with her this past week. Of course we jumped on the invitation, because frankly, once Oliver is asleep for the night, I get so bored I could scream:-) Oliver and I drove up to Matthews on Wednesday afternoon and returned home this Sunday evening, and what a week we did have! Upon first arriving, Jess informed me that she was going to be host to the preschool her and a few other moms run for their four year olds... Had I known this information before driving up, I might have reconsidered the timing of my trip:-) As it turned out though, Oliver LOVED watching all the kids playing and they were all so good with him! I was super impressed by the way they all tried to play with him and did not hurt him intentionally or even accidentally:-) Nice work moms! After this small taste of preschool, Jackson, Eddison, Eleanor, Jessica, Oliver, and me all loaded up into the van and enjoyed an afternoon at the park. While Jack and Eddie dominated the playground playing "run-from-the-invisible-woman-monster" Norah cat napped in a Bjorn carrier and Ollie relaxed on the swings. Needless to say, we all had a great time:-)
While we did have a fun time at the park, the past few days Oliver had been acting fussier than usual. After a finger sweep of the gums, I felt a definite bump on his lower gums, but did not believe that Ollie would get his first tooth for at least another couple weeks. The next day, much to my surprise, after letting Ollie chew on my finger for a good twenty minutes I felt a sharp edge to the bump on his gums, and what do you know?! A TOOTH!!! Just the corner is poking out so far, but a cut tooth is a cut tooth!!! So far he is still sleeping through the night, just waking up about an hour earlier than usual and has been very good now that I know he is teething and can give him some Tylenol for the pain. Overall, the teething process has not been horrible and I can only pray that it stays that way:-)
Later that day, Jess and Justin were going to a NASCAR race and I was going to be watching not just Ollie, but Jack, Eddie and Norah... By myself. For those of you with more than one child or with baby-sitting experience, I'm sure this would seem like nothing, but for me, I was terrified!!! Obviously, Seth and I only have one child so the idea of watching four at the same time with no back-up had me a little nervous:-) Much to my surprise though, the night went very well! Jack and Eddie played with Oliver and Norah slept like a little angel! The only hairy part of the night was when all the boys were heading to bed. Jack and Eddie needed a bedtime story at the same time as Oliver needed to eat dinner. Luckily, that was only a twenty minute dilemma and the rest of the night Norah and I slept through My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I now have hope that I can handle more than one child at a time and that I can do it by myself with no wingman. (Nice to know since Daddy will eventually be gone for long deployments:-(
Today, our last day in the Wilde, Ollie and I went to church in the Matthews Ward and sadly had to take off after sacrament due to Oliver's aching gums and desperate need for a nap. While we didn't get to stay for all of church, we did get some cute pictures of Ollie and Norah in their Sunday best. After some hugs and good-byes, Oliver and I made the two hour drive home and are now relaxing in our jammies and our own beds:-) While we had a great time visiting family, it feels good to be home and cannot wait to see Daddy this coming weekend and have Jess and the kiddos come to stay for a few days this week! Until next time, enjoy some pictures from this past week!
A taste of fun:-)
A note to Moms: Hoop earrings may be cute, but do not wear them unless you want to keep your earlobes intact.
Oliver demonstrating his inner monster complete with a snarl and claws
The boys' night in!



1 comments:
Jayne those are some of the most adorable pics i have ever seen!!! Im sorry i cant be out playing with you guys right now! I know how you feel about being home alone it sucks so bad!!! Im excited you get to see seth this weekend!! Time will fly dont worry! Im getting so excited i could cry right now about seeing matt!!! 2 months is far far to long!!! only 3 more weeks!!!
Post a Comment