29 May 2009

Lord Stanley's Cup Finals


So I'm going to the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals tomorrow!!!!!

Talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity! I happen to be only 3 1/2 hours away from Detroit where the Red Wings will host the first two games against the Penguins. I happened to catch the last game of the Western Conferance Finals and see Detroit beat Chicago. Which, got me to thinking... I'm not too far from Detroit, or Pitsburg for that matter! Fortunately Game 1 is on a Saturday which means I can go and don't have to miss class to get there and back!

What are the odds that I happend to find the last game in the Western Conference finals on TV, I am within driving Distance of not just one, but BOTH of the final two teams hometown, and my beautiful wife was able to call yesterday morning right as tickets went on sale and get me one? All the planets must have aligned, or I must have had an angel flipping TV channels for me or something!!!

I cannot even BEGIN to express how excited I am! Look for me on NBC tomorrow, LIVE at 8PM eastern...

0 comments: