here is the infamous "museum of islamic art" in doha. the museum exhibits were okay, but the architecture is amazing! the building is built entirely out over the doha bay. and it was designed by i. m. pei. this is his last design, he actually came out of retirement to design it.


the building was fascinating. rather like a boxy pyramid with the exhibit rooms around the exterior and the interior was this amazing staircase and hanging circular light.

from the third story looking down on the floor

looking up into the top of the facility

there is a TON of history and an amazing story behind thie design of this facility if anyone cares to google it. or here is the wikipedia link (its a short article): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Islamic_Art,_Doha
as a side note, these are pretty amazing picture considering i took them with my camera phone, yeah?




1 comments:
So here I am reading this post thinking when and why did Jayne go to this place?! LOL! And then I saw the post below it! Ta I am just as quick as I always have been!
Post a Comment