08 March 2010

Legends of Aerospace

So today I got to go to the most AMAZING "talk show" ever, and it was right here on base. The "Legends of Aerospace" tour made a stop here on their 10 day tour in the middle east. They were sponsored by a TON of companies, but the tour was set up by Armed Forces Entertainment and Morale Entertainment. Basically, these are two groups who organize great events like this to entertain and bring morale to the troops over here. Anyhow...
The event was set up like a talk show. Six famous men, five of them are TRUE aerospace legends, and the other was a moderator, a fomous talk show host. But enough for now, I will let the pamphlets I got introduce them... (Click on the pictures to see them LARGER)








And here they all are, from left to right: David Hartman, Robert Gilliland, Steve Ritchie, Jim Lovell, Gene Cernan, and Neil Armstrong. And you can also see me in the pic! Third row back, fourth head left of the aisle. Yeah, thats me in the first row that wasn't reserved for DVs. Incredible, I know! I can't possibly hope to describe to you how amazing this experience was. For an hour and a half, I was privileged to listen to three men who have orbited the moon, two who have walked on it (the first and last men to do so), the last fighter pilot ace, and the man who took the first flight in EVERY SR-71 ever flown and who has also logged the most supersonic flight hours of any man to ever live. Wow, talk about some humbling company! Surprisingly, they were all very down to earth (no pun intended), humorous, and very likable!
I must say, this was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, a truly memorable and epic night.

1 comments:

M&M said...

Very cool experiance!! Nice pun lol!! I want to know did you get some swag? lol!! anyways at least your able to have some good times over thear!!