28 August 2009

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room!

So if you have been wondering what has been keeping me too busy to blog for the past month or two you are about to have all your puzzlings answered. (I know you have been dying to know what has been keeping me away:-) Anyways, it all started with a project I was doing for my Achievement Night girls. We were going to be making signs that said "Princess, daughter of a Heavenly King" so I had to tap into my inner crafter. In the process of buying materials for this project, I decided to also purchase some paints for myself and some new paintbrushes. From there it seemed to just get out of control. Before I knew it I was buying six canvases and planning a mural for Oliver's bedroom. Ollie's room has never been what you would call properly "decorated" so I guess some guilt came into the equation as well. Anyways, for the past few months I have been planning and painting for Oliver's room. Needless to say, I bit off quite a big chunk and am still nowhere near finished, but thought I would give everyone an update on what I do have finished/in the works.

This is a sign board that I had left over from my Achievement Night girls, so I figured I would put it to good use:-) The sign is not yet finished, but is closer to done than a lot of other projects that I have cooking:-)

As you have probably figured out, I am decorating Oliver's room with the Enchanted Tiki Room theme. Here is my first canvas primed and ready for color. I got inspiration for these birds from some original Tiki Room art which you can see at this link http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x112329ffe5 I love this woman's style and I thought it would be so cute as Ollie's bedroom theme:-)

This was stage three of the painting process where I just did the perch and the straw roof.


Finally the completion of the bird, Fritz to be precise, but standing on its own it seemed a little lacking so I added some Birds of Paradise in bottom left corner. It is definitely a work in progress, but we still have three canvases to go and one wall mural of Tongaroa.


Painting and drawing again has been so fun, but it is even better now because I can do it for Oliver and Seth loves it:-) Seth has been so encouraging about my art that I can't help but be excited to start up this part of my life again. I'm still pretty rusty, and its been a long time since I picked up a brush, but I guess some things you never forget:-)

1 comments:

Laura said...

Jayne- The bird is amazing! You have some serious talent. Your little boy will have the most amazing room.
-Laura Trembath Pieri