14 June 2010

Home Sweet Home

It has been a little over a month since Oliver and I returned to South Carolina and we could not be happier to be back home. Since we have been back the weather has been beautiful with plenty of late night thunderstorms and lots of wonderful sunshine during the day. After spending a harsh winter in Montana, South Carolina has been a blessed relief from the cold and snow. So far Oliver has been healthy for two weeks in a row (knock on wood), which is a record considering how many ear infections this little man endured during our stay in Montana. We have been venturing outside almost daily, but we do have to either keep the sprinklers running or visit the pool since it is so warm here:-) The Poulsen Pickle is thriving (knock on wood:-), since location does not really matter to this little one yet:-) I never thought I would fall in love with the South having grown up in Montana, but having lived here for these past two years I never want to leave!

Here is my gorgeous hydrangea bush that is in the corner of our backyard. This thing is HUGE and produces the best smelling and most beautiful blooms. These flowers always remind me of my wedding day:-)


I had to get a picture of Oliver's hair after he was playing in the bark under the tree. He was such a mess we had to have bath time before nap time rather than bedtime:-)

This tree apparently attracts bees like you would not believe! Luckily they are all the sweet, fat, fuzzy bumble bees and honey bees:-)

Here is our new patio set that was a gift I purchased with all of my graduation contributions:-) It is such beautiful set and I cannot wait until Seth comes home and we can eat dinner outside!!! Thank you again everyone!!! (you know who you are;-)

Here is another bloom:-) So pretty!
Here is my fearless son going down the slide:-) He went down with no prompting from me at all (thanks to all the trips to the park with Oma in Montana:-) and was a pro at landing on his feet.

This "bridge" was a favorite of Ollie's because of the way it wobbled when he would walk from one side to the other. I lost count of how many times he crossed this thing.

Oliver barreling towards the sprinkler to play in the "bubbles".

Checking things out...

And realizing that if he sticks his face too close to the sprinkler, the bubbles go up his nose:-)

How Oliver watches Bolt, his new obsession. On the table, with Baby (his blanket for those who don't know), and a bowl full of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.

My little bookworm. He absolutely LOVES books and stories and will plop himself down onto my lap so I can read to him. Usually he finds a book, hands it to me, grabs me by the hand, and pulls me to the couch so I will read to him. Could he BE any cuter?!?

I was trying to get a picture of just Oliver, but some random kid at the park kept trying to get me to take pictures of him too... I felt weird and slightly creepy taking pictures of some strange kid so I tried to crop him out...

Climbing the stairs like a big boy!

Driving the bus.

Lovin' on Baby.

This was taken right after I gave him a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. He is telling me he is a "mess" (he was pointing to his chest and saying "mess! mess!"). I usually tell him "you are a mess!" whenever he is in his chair, but he informed me this time:-) SO CUTE!!!

Giving Baby some more love:-) He snuggles up with this blanket everyday at nap time, bedtime, and any other time that Baby is with him.
And of course, a shot of my sweet boy's face:-) That little smile just melts my heart!!! As you can see, we are so very happy to be back home, although we do miss Bampa and Oma A LOT! Again, we are trying to lure them out to the South for September and December, (and if that little Oliver face doesn't do the trick, I don't know what will:-) and we are expecting Daddy to be home by the 7th of July!!! (At which time I can FINALLY reveal the gender of the Poulsen Pickle). Stay tuned for that official announcement! :-)

2 comments:

M&M said...

Jayne oliver is seriously way adorable!! he looks like he has such a fun personality!! Its so cute when he snuggels with his baby and his butt is up in the air a little bit!! How do you not want to snuggel him all the time?!! hehe!! He is such a handsome boy and is a good combination of you and seth!!

Christina said...

I really enjoy reading your blog Jayne! Oliver is such a cute little boy!