It was just like any other Saturday. Oliver and I got up at 6 am to go jogging, came home for a late breakfast, and played on the floor awhile. When, drum roll please, we realized for the millionth time that today was the day Daddy was coming home!!!
As you can see Oliver was overjoyed at the fact that he would no longer be the only male in the house:-) So, while we were spending our last solo day together, Mamma decided to start making dinner for the Daddy. Oliver protested that he too would like to help with the dinner, and was staked out under his booster seat near my feet and throwing out comments about what spices to use and what else to put into the salad. When I insisted that cinnamon should not be added to the rice, he raised himself to his full height of 27 inches, for the very first time, and voiced his opinion on the matter. He did lose some of his gusto though after he bonked his noggin on the bottom of the chair and was silent on the matter of the cinnamon for the remainder of the preparation of dinner.
This is him showing me how he can now pull himself to standing, even though he does not pick the best places to stand.
This is the cake I made for Seth on Father's Day. It was a yellow cake mix with a box of vanilla instant pudding mixed in to make it extra moist. I then frosted the cake with two cans of chocolate frosting and 8 ounces of cream cheese to add calories and flavor:-) After the cake was layered and frosted, I put it in the freezer for a couple of days to make it even more moist, and there you go. The best cake EVER. Actually, the meal before this cake was just as wonderful complete with steak, baked potatoes, fresh green salad, and grilled pineapple. Glorious.




2 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. I want some of that cake right now! And steak. And potatoes. And salad. And grilled pineapple. Seriously - if there is any love in you at all you will prepare a meal like that for me sometime! SOON! Love you! And welcome home, Seth! I know for a fact that a certain two people missed you tremendously and are so happy to have you home! :)
That is so flipping cute!! Im sure you guys were all very happy to be together again!! I know the feeling!!! So matt said that he wanted to know what you guys were doing for thanksgiving cuz he will have a lot of leave time saved up and thought it might be fun to go out and spend thanksgiving with you guys!!
Post a Comment